Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Eye Opener

After my New York excursion, I realize that I have spent entirely too much time living in the suburbs. I spent a great deal people watching (which I love to do) and I now see what all the hype is about. But even more than that, I see that it really isn't complicated at all. The suburb moms can be easily picked out of a line up. They usually have that signature piece (the latest coach/designer bag and or a nice piece of jewelry) accompanied with a sensible outfit. The uniform in the city, black boots with a decent heel, wool coat (with a tailored fit), big black bag (non designer specific that one can see). Simple, yet strangely stylish. It made me think twice about how I dress when I step out the door to run an errand. Today I wore, black knee high boots with 2 inch square heel, Black turtleneck, grey wool skirt, black tights and brown coat. Nothing fancy, very simple, very comfortable and I felt good. (ok, I did have a black coach bag, but it was one of those classic plain leather ones from years ago).

I cleaned out and rearranged all of our closets this past weekend - I have bags and boxes of clothes that will be donated to the Veterans tomorrow morning. I integrated my casual and work clothes to expand my wardrobe options. I feel re-energized!

No comments: