Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Wii are family!

Happy New Year! I know it's been awhile since I've blogged. I've had a few weeks of well needed relaxation and have been enjoying the time off with my family. Christmas was wonderful. It was the most relaxing, non-stressful holiday that I've ever experienced. We did our traditional gingerbread house decorating, baked cookies and muffins and just enjoyed each others company. This holiday I tried my best to not overdo the gift-giving, and succeeded!

The most popular gift was the Wii. I hadn't intended on purchasing one, but I was in the local GameStop (this location just opened in November 2007) to pick up a Nintendo DS for Busy Girl. I asked the sales clerk about the cost of the Wii and the additional components needed. Jokingly I said, "I know you don't have any in stock - right?". He replied, "We got three in this morning and have one left." I pulled out my cell phone to call Busy Husband to see if we should get it when this woman blew into the store and ran straight for the counter - I just knew she was going to ask for the Wii. I snapped closed my cell phone and yelled, "I'LL TAKE IT!". Little did I know-she already had a Wii and had come in for something else - no matter, we've been enjoying this miracle game.

I had no idea of the additional features - weather, local-national and world news, the ability to view photos from a data card to make puzzles and view slide shows set to music, fitness training, the list goes on and on.

Ahhh the fitness training. My butt is still aching - how is that possible!?!

Busy Husband is in love with the golf. One night he hit a hole-in-one and damn near woke up the entire neighborhood from his shouts of excitement. He stared at the screen for at least 20 minutes, beaming with pride. Then he called each of us from where ever we were in the house to look at the screen, "wow - yeah that's really nice babe...uh, can I get back to my ironing now?"

1 comment:

alondaray said...

hey girl,,, I'm loving the Wii too. I love tetherball on Wii Play.
Anyway - quepasa with the blogging? I'm looking forward to the updates