Friday, January 18, 2008

Detox

I am in serious need of a detox. The last time I fasted was approximately three years ago. We were living in Michigan and I came across that lemonade diet. I followed it for approximately 5 days (Mon-Fri). For the first couple of days, I thought I was going to pass out. I was so hungry I could eat a horse. And the headaches were brutal. By the third day I could feel a remarkable difference. The cravings for sugar and caffienne were gone and my energy level was up. My tounge even looked healthier! It was an amazing difference. It made me realize how much toxins we allow into our system without even thinking. They recommend easing out of the fast by drinking broth or having soup and salads-light meals. It may be time to do that again, just for a few days, no more than 5, no less than 3. But I'm afraid of all the good food I'll be missing out on. Isn't that terrible!?!

No comments: