Wednesday, January 23, 2008

"Massagy Massagy"

A few months ago I pulled a groin muscle while working out on the eliptical. I thought some stretching and a little icy hot would take care of it, but months had passed and I would stumble while getting up from my seat to walk, or stepping out of a vehicle. Hubby and I are complete opposites when it comes to visiting the doctor. He'll feel a twinge and "BAM" - he has an appointment with the doctor (Are they on your speed dial Man?). Me on the other hand, will wait until the limb is hanging on a membrane before seeking medical help. I've always wanted to try acupuncture and everyone I know who have tried it, swears by it. Ironically, an acupuncture business opened right around the corner from where we live. I asked hubby to stop in to get some information as the sign on the building (a private home) just says "Acupuncture" and does not have a telephone number or web address.

Well, hubby gets home and says, "You won't believe what just happened!". He went into the building and there was a little waiting room area, like a doctor's office. Suddenly, a little Asian woman appears. Hubby asks for information and she cannot speak a word of English. She moves her hands in a squeezing motion and just says, "Massagy, Massagy". Well, he got up out of that place. Maybe we're just being paranoid, but do you think that was a "happy ending" establishment?? On second glance, the sign says, "Accupressure Therapy".

Anyway, I made an appointment to see the doctor and sure enough, it was a pulled groin muscle. She prescribed muscle relaxer and sent me on my way. Just what I needed, drugs to dull the pain.

No comments: