Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Welcome back

It's been ages since I've blogged. I see my favorites haven't changed much. I'm still a fan of AMC's Mad Men and love to curl up with a hot cup of Mighty Leaf tea. I've been working for 2 years on my job and was promoted to marketing manager after 12 months. Daughter is still playing softball but for another travel team - farther away from home - so that makes things a bit more challenging when it comes to practices. And son has decided to give up baseball and devote his sporting interest to football. Tis the season!

I still find challenges in juggling "steady paycheck" work, "self-employment-folk want you to work for free" work and family. Working hard to carve out some me time without neglecting loved ones and obligations.

At a cook out last year, a good friend asked me what do I do for fun - for myself. I had to really think about it and replied, "well, I try to get my eyebrows threaded regularly". What a lame answer! I knew it was lame as soon as it came out. What kind of fun is that?! I'll have to give it more thought and see what I can come up with. Any suggestions???

No comments: