Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Fiesty Little Pepper

Yesterday was a get organized day. My office was a cluttered mess and I couldn't work, amongst the piles of books, magazines and papers. There was a segment on the Today Show last week about organizing book shelves, so I dusted and reorganized ours. It looks really nice and makes a huge difference!

During my cleaning frenzy, I came across a journal that my cousin made when Busy Girl was a baby (6 months). At the time my cousin operated a child care center out of her home and she watched Busy Girl while I worked. She made the journal by covering a wire bound notebook with batting, pink fabric, white and gold lace and my favorite photo of Busy Girl on the cover! It was so cute! We used this journal as a way to communicate with one other about Busy Girl and to record her daily activities.

Here is the first entry:

August 4, 1997

This is my first entry in Busy Girl's Journal. Today she has been very playful, every time I'd give her a bottle she'd bang her arm against it. She also spit food out, took her shoes off and tried to suck her toes...

She had several big poops and was extremely delighted after she had done them. She ate very well today, but didn't sleep much. She'll surely fall out tonight.

Oh! By the way, she pulled loose her ponytail on the side - no fights today -(smile).

Love - Cousin D

P.S.
We need more diapers!!

Here is my first entry:

August 6, 1997

I gave Busy Girl her first Arrowroot biscuit tonight. She stared at it and passed it from each hand for a good five minutes before putting it into her mouth!

SHE LOVES THEM!!!

Then she kept losing the cookie, first it fell to her side (she screamed), then it somehow ended up under her chin (she yelled), then it got stuck on her bib and she couldn't see it (she grunted). At the end she had cookie all over her hands face and bib.Love, Mom


Reading these entries made me remember what a "Feisty Little Pepper" Busy Girl was when she was a baby! Not only was she feisty, but she was plump as a piglet! She was so heavy my arms ached from picking her up.

I'm thankful for the journal. Occasionally 10 year old Busy Girl will read the entries and laugh at all her entertaining antics as a baby.

I read the entries and am reminded of how all children are priceless gifts from God.

Thank you God for our Fiesty Little Pepper!

No comments: