Tuesday, October 2, 2007

WaWa

I started my 30 day challenge on October 1st which includes meal tracking and getting in 4 hours of exercise per week. It's day two and I've been on point with the meal tracking. On Sunday Busy Boy's football team participated in a local parade celebrating the towns 325th Anniversary. I walked with him in the parade. Not sure about the mileage but we walked for at least an hour, I'm including that in my 4 hour weekly goal. Only three hours to go. (Busy Husband thinks I shouldn't include walking in the parade as a workout-what do you think?)

The only temptation that could have thwarted my progress is the local WaWa. WaWa (for those who don't know) is like a 7-Eleven, but one million times better. They are a food/convenience market that sells everything plus more. They have at 9 different flavors of coffee and a variety of flavored creams to go with. WaWa also sells pastries, sandwiches (breakfast, subs and make your own specialty), healthy snacks, ice cream, drinks, fruit, make your own milkshakes, slushie machine, everything - all fresh and waiting to be consumed. The local WaWa is clean, well lit and stocked with fresh items and a courteous staff who love working there. The lines move quickly and it's always crowded.

Well, it's been a treat for me to run in after putting the kids on the school bus for a 20oz vanilla cream coffee w/cream (no sugar) and an old fashioned donut or cinnamon muffin. hmmmm. Well, Busy Husband called me yesterday frantic to let me know that the WaWa was temporarily closed for renovations!!!! OH NO!! They are expanding the store and I believe they may be adding a gas station. I don't know how long they will be out of commission, but I guess the timing could not have been better.

2 comments:

alondaray said...

Hey Michele,
good timing because I dot think donuts (250c) or muffins 400-500c go along with your challenge.
Brandon looks soo cute:)

Mickey said...

Now if only I could figure out a way to keep the Halloween candy stashed in the house from calling out my name!