Monday, October 15, 2007

Nature, the good, bad and ugly...

I mentioned in another post that I am a lover of nature. Well, some nature can be pretty rank.

(stop here if you have a weak stomach)



While walking Busy Pup the other day, we happened across an unfortunate frog that had his head chopped off. How is that possible you ask? Well I have no idea. All I know is this frog which was about the size of my hand, had a clean cut and his eyes and mouth were gone. I came to the conclusion that it was mangled in a lawn mower accident, had to be, the cut was too clean. At first I thought it was a toy, but immediately realized it was real. Well it's been 4 days and the headless frog is still out there. It is now a dark moldy grey. I'm completely grossed out. It has moved from the street to the grass next to the mailboxes. I almost stepped on it. My neighbor informed me that her dog picked it up from the street and started to eat it before she realized what it was. She made him drop it, and now it's rotting near the mailboxes. I'm so grossed out. UGGGG. Now I have to be on the look-out of a molding frog.

Talk about an appetite suppressor!

2 comments:

alondaray said...

That is gross..

I love your folgers commercial .. Isn't that great!!!

Mickey said...

I love those commercials too! It was so easy, and the kids got a kick out of it. I saw your family commercial and voted for it! I saw the "frog" today. Should I capture a photo????